2017 WWAAC Friend of the Asian Community Award
Since Rep. Marin arrived in Georgia he has consistently volunteered his time and resources to
improving the lives of others. For years he has supported the Boy Scouts of America and other
youths organizations, receiving numerous awards and recognitions. In Gwinnett County, Pedro
has worked tirelessly to build better relationships with local government agencies and the
minorities communities by serving as an advisor and intermediary for many elected and
appointed officials in the county. Rep. Marin has also worked with other Latino, African
Americans and Asians leaders to organize the community to gain political voice throughout the
state at various levels of government. He accomplished all this prior to becoming one of the first
Latinos ever elected into the Georgia General Assembly. While serving the people of Gwinnett
County, Rep. Marin has been at the forefront in stopping gang violence & graffiti, expanding
translation services in the courts,against racial profiling and fighting against legislation targeting
specific communities. Pedro is the embodiment of leadership, character, and strength. He is a
person to be commended for his history of selfless sacrifice and service.
- Dynamic leader with over 25 years of executive experience in corporations and nonprofit
- Progressive experience in product marketing, public policy, strategic planning, and
- Strong track record for developing partnerships, community organizing, and coalition
- Outstanding communicating skills in both English and Spanish with translator and
- Excellent talent for assessing people’s needs, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Developed and implemented community training and maintained intercultural relations.